1 Post of Interpreter English, Georgian and Russian Languages
only be considered on the standard Application Form in MS Word-format, and indicating the position for which the candidate is applying.
Only applicants meeting the
minimum eligibility criteria will be considered, namely successful completion of university studies of at least
3 years attested by a diploma at Bachelor’s level. The qualification should be in any of the fields of Translation and Interpretation, Literature, or related-linguistic areas, or in Political Science.,
AND after having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 4 years of relevant and proven full-time professional experience in interpreting and translating between Russian, Georgian and English, and in linguistic-related matters.
It is not required at this stage to send copies of qualifications, previous employment contracts, etc.
Applicants will be short listed based on their professional qualifications. Those whose qualifications and experience best meet the eligibility criteria will be invited for interview.
Only applicants who are under serious consideration will be contacted. Please do not make any phone calls regarding the job conditions, personal/individual situations or the selection outcome.
At the end of the selection process, all applicants will receive notification of selection or non-selection.
We encourage applications from women in accordance with UN Security Council Resolution 1325.
Salary Level: As per the EU rules for the Locally Employed Staff of the European Commission Delegation to Georgia.
The post holder reports to the Head of Analytical Reporting and Outreach Department (HoAROD).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct simultaneous or consecutive interpretation for the Head of Mission, or any other Mission member, between Russian, Georgian and English during official high level meetings, negotiations, press conferences, speeches, TV live interviews etc.;
- To translate documents (e.g. speeches, legal documents, press releases, etc.) between Russian, Georgian and English;
- To perform work in difficult environments (within and outside office);
- To perform on-call and to have an irregular working schedule, if required;
- To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager(s).
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the second cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelors Degree; The qualification should be in any of the fields of Translation and Interpretation, Literature, or related-linguistic areas, or in Political Science; AND
- After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 4 years of relevant and proven full-time professional experience in interpreting and translating between Russian, Georgian and English, and in linguistic-related matters;
- Professional proficiency in Russian, English and Georgian Languages;
- Experience in positions requiring excellent organisational skills, with a service- and project-oriented approach;
- Enjoy full civil rights and do not have a criminal record;
- Physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post. Such physical fitness should be attested by a medical certificate.
Specification of Education, Experience and Skills;
- To deliver work on time and to agreed standards, even under pressure;
- A self-starter. To have a strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- To build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members and contribute to a positive working environment;
- To have a strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with Mission-related matters;
- Ability to deal helpfully and courteously with people, including outside contacts;
- Experience in providing clear and concise oral and written communication;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access etc.) and databases;
- To have integrity, and the ability to adhere to EU fundamental values and standards.
- Professional experience in an International organisation;
- Professional qualification in simultaneous interpretation and translation documents;
- Ability to prioritise;
- Experience of working in the field of politics;
- To be in possession of a valid category B driving license.
Note: This is a contracted position (Function Group II), governed by the General service conditions of Local Staff employed by EUMM Georgia, serving in Georgia.