Organizational Unit: EUMM Georgia, Field Office Mtskheta
Appointment Date: As soon as possible
Number of Vacancies: 1 post of Interpreter in Field Office Mtskheta
Deadline for applications:
Sunday, 25 August 2019, 23:59
only be considered on the standard Application Form in MS Word-format, and indicating the position the candidate is applying for.
Only applicants meeting
minimum eligibility criteria will be considered, successful completion of university studies of at least
3 years attested by a diploma at Bachelor’s level and
after having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 3 years of relevant and proven professional experience in interpreting and translating between Russian, Georgian and English.
It is not required at this stage to send copies of qualifications, previous employment contracts, etc.
Applicants will be short listed based on their professional qualifications. Those whose qualifications and experience best meet the eligibility criteria will be invited for interview.
Only applicants who are under serious consideration will be contacted. Please do not make any phone calls regarding the job conditions, personal/individual situations or the selection outcome.
At the end of the selection process, all applicants will receive notification of selection or non-selection.
EUMM Georgia processes personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the EU institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, as implemented in accordance with the CivOpsCdr instruction 12-2018 and its subsequent amendment(s) on the SOP on the Protection of personal data for CSDP Missions by the CSDP Missions.
The Privacy statement is available on the EUMM Georgia website https://eumm.eu/en/useful-links/privacy-statements
As per the EU rules for the Locally Employed Staff of the European Commission Delegation in Georgia.
The post holder reports to the Head of Field Office.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To accompany and support Mission staff during their patrol duties;
- To perform verbal and written translations from Georgian, Russian or English, and vice versa, during patrols, meetings or events;
- To perform work in difficult environments (inside and outside office);
- To perform on-call and an irregular working schedule;
- To arrange meetings and draft itineraries;
- To take notes / minutes at meetings;
- To perform administrative and secretarial duties, draft memos, letters, and other requested documents;
- To file documents and recorded data in appropriate databases and files;
- To undertake any other related tasks as required by the Line Manger(s).
Eligibility criteria - Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the second cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelors Degree; AND
- After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 3 years of relevant and proven full-time professional experience in interpreting and translating between Russian, Georgian and English (oral and written);
- Enjoy full civil rights and do not have a criminal record;
- Physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post. Such physical fitness should be attested by a medical certificate.
Specification of Education and Experience
- Experience in positions requiring analytical and organizational skills, with a service and project oriented approach;
- Experience of data analysis for preparing reports;
- Very good knowledge and experience of Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.);
- A self-starter. To have strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- To focus on priorities, to monitor and evaluate procedures and processes;
- To deliver work on time and to agreed standards, even under pressure;
- To build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members, and to contribute to a positive working environment;
- To have a strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with Mission-related matters;
- To have a positive attitude to working in a core team of more than 20 people;
- To promote a positive working environment, and to treat all staff fairly in accordance with EU values.
- Professional experience in an International environment;
- Professional qualification in translation / interpretation;
- Experience of working in an intercultural environment, with respect of diversity;
- To be in possession of a valid category B driving license.
Note: This is a contracted position (Function Group III), governed by General service conditions of Local Staff employed by EUMM Georgia, serving in Georgia.