Operations Administrative Officer
Organizational Unit: EUMM Georgia, Headquarters
Appointment Date: As soon as possible
Number of Vacancies: 1 post of Operations Administrative Officer
Deadline for applications:
Sunday, 29 September 2019, 23:59
EUMM is committed to advancing gender equality and strongly encourages women to apply for this position
only be considered on the standard Application Form in MS Word-format, and indicating the position for which the candidate is applying.
Only applicants meeting the
minimum eligibility criteria will be considered, namely successful completion of university studies of at least
3 years attested by a diploma at Bachelor’s level. The qualification should be in any of the fields of Business/Public Administration or other relevant field; AND
after having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 4 years of relevant and proven full-time professional experience in the private and/or public sector;
It is not required at this stage to send copies of qualifications, previous employment contracts, etc.
Applicants will be short listed based on their professional qualifications. Those whose qualifications and experience best meet the eligibility criteria will be invited for interview.
Only applicants who are under serious consideration will be contacted. Please do not make any phone calls regarding the job conditions, personal/individual situations or the selection outcome.
At the end of the selection process, all applicants will receive notification of selection or non-selection.
We encourage applications from women in accordance with UN Security Council Resolution 1325.
As per the EU rules for the Locally Employed Staff of the European Commission Delegation to Georgia.
The post holder reports to the Head of Operations (HoOPS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Head of Operations with the daily running of the office;
- To provide technical and administrative support to the Operations Department, including to the Gender Adviser on Mission outreach events and campaigns;
- To provide administrative support to the Confidence Building Facility Project Manager;
- To provide administrative support for events and visits;
- To translate written documents from local languages to English, and vice versa, and to perform spoken translation when required;
- To administer the online Procurement Initiation (PI) Requests, to liaise with relevant Mission Units and to monitor raised requests;
- To conduct market surveys in cooperation with the Mission Procurement;
- To perform administrative and secretarial duties as directed by the Line Manager;
- To monitor office equipment and supplies, ordering replacement supplies as necessary;
- To maintain the filing system;
- To liaise closely with other Mission Departments and Field Offices on relevant administrative issues;
- To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager(s).
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the second cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelors Degree; The qualification should be in any of the fields of Business/Public Administration or other relevant field; AND
- After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 4 years of relevant and proven full-time professional experience in the private and/or public sector;
- Fluency in English and Georgian languages (oral and written);
- Enjoy full civil rights and do not have a criminal record;
- Physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post. Such physical fitness should be attested by a medical certificate.
Specification of Education and Experience
- Experience in positions requiring excellent analytical and organisational skills, with a service-minded and project-oriented approach;
- A self-starter. To have a strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- To focus on priorities, to monitor and evaluate procedures and processes;
- To deliver work on time and to agreed standards, even under pressure;
- To build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members in a diverse environment
- To have a strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with Mission-related matters;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access etc.) and databases;
- To have integrity, and the ability to adhere to EU fundamental values and standards.
- Professional experience in an International organisation;
- Professional qualification in Administration management;
- Experience in providing clear and concise oral and written communication;
- To be in possession of a valid category B driving license.
Note: This is a contracted position (Function Group II), governed by the General service conditions of Local Staff employed by EUMM Georgia, serving in Georgia.