Operations Administrative Officer
Organizational Unit: EUMM Georgia, Mission Headquarters, Tbilisi
Appointment Date: ASAP
Number of Vacancies:
1 post of Operations Administrative Officer (GEOL OP 01b)
Deadline for applications:
05 December 2022, 17:00
be considered on the standard Application Form
in MS Word-format indicating clearly the position being applied for.
Only applicants meeting the
minimum eligibility criteria having successfully completed university studies of at least
3 years attested by a diploma at Bachelor’s level
fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 4 years relevant and proven full-time professional experience in the private and/or public sector will be considered. It is not required at this stage to send copies of qualifications, previous employment contracts, etc.
Applicants will be short listed based on their professional qualifications. Those whose qualifications and experience best meet the eligibility criteria will be invited for interview.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please refrain from calling EUMM regarding the job conditions, personal/individual situations or the selection outcome.
All applicants will receive notification of the outcome of the selection process as soon as it is completed.
EUMM Georgia processes personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the EU institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, as implemented in accordance with the CivOpsCdr instruction 12-2018 and its subsequent amendment(s) on the SOP on the Protection of personal data for CSDP Missions by the CSDP Missions.
Operations Administrative Officer, Mission Headquarters
As per General Service Conditions of Local Staff employed by EUMM Georgia, serving in Georgia.
1. Reporting Line
The Operations Administrative Officer reports to the Head of Operations/Deputy Head of Operations
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To assist the Head of Operations with the daily running of the office;
- To provide technical and administrative support to the Operations Department;
- To provide administrative support for events and visits;
- To translate written documents from local languages to English, and vice versa, and to perform spoken translation when required;
- To raise and administer the online Procurement Initiation Requests, to liaise with relevant Mission Units and to monitor raised requests;
- To support the initial checks of the equipment deliveries with the relevant Mission Member(s) and proceed with invoices;
- To conduct market surveys in cooperation with the Mission Procurement;
- To lead the Department’s budget planning process, track the expenditures in the Operations Department Budget Line(s) and report to the Line Manager regularly;
- To track the Operations Department’s assets; to administer requests for repairs and write-offs in consultation with relevant Mission Member (s);
- To perform administrative and secretarial duties as directed by the Line Manager;
- To monitor office equipment and supplies, ordering replacement supplies as necessary;
- To maintain the filing system of the Operations Department;
- To liaise closely with other Mission Departments and Field Offices on relevant administrative issues, in particular the missions Logistic and Procurement sections;
- To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Managers.
3. Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelors Degree; The qualification should be in any of the fields of Business/Public Administration or other relevant field; AND
- After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 4 years of relevant and proven fulltime professional experience in the private and/or public sector;
- Enjoy full civil rights and do not have a criminal record;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post.
4. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluency in English and Georgian languages (oral and written);
- Experience in positions requiring excellent analytical and organisational skills, with a service-minded and project-oriented approach;
- A self-starter. To have a strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- To focus on priorities, to monitor and evaluate procedures and processes;
- To deliver work on time and to agreed standards, even under pressure;
- To build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members in a diverse environment
- To have a strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with Mission-related matters;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access etc.) and databases;
- To have integrity, and the ability to adhere to EU fundamental values and standards.
5. Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Professional experience in an International organisation;
- Professional qualification in Administration management.
6. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to write and communicate in a clear and concise manner;
- To be in possession of a valid category B driving license.
Note: This is a contracted position (Function Group II), governed by General service conditions of Local Staff employed by EUMM Georgia, serving in Georgia.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week).
Gross Salary: 4,630 GEL /Per Month or higher, depending on the relevant and proven past professional experience of the successful candidate acquired after fulfilment of educational requirements of the post.